I get asked this question a fair bit, in fact in a recent poll I discovered that 70% of people aren’t sure what performance coaching actually is. So how are they ever going to know the real tangible benefits of what this service can bring to their lives, careers and business?
I actually explain it to my clients as ‘Performance Coaching’ however for many people this can still leave them in the dark.
So I thought a short blog post would help clear it up.
Performance as stated by the dictionary is: “How well a person does a piece of work or task”. Other words linked to performance are; achievement, fulfilment, completion, implementation, execution.
So when I talk about performance coaching what I’m referring to is the improvement of an individuals performance so they can achieve the goals they set themselves, have greater success within their business, lives, career or get beyond certain challenges or hurdles that are holding them back.
Coaching is all about the person in front of you helping them develop, strengthen their skills, gain more confidence and self assurance, clarity and focus.
CEO of Google Eric Schmit said, “Everyone needs a coach”.
- If you’re performance, implementation, execution and completion of work tasks is poor, then you’re business will be perform poor.
- If you’re un-organised, un-productive, a procrastinator or someone who lacks the ability to take action, then you’re business will struggle.
- If you’re the type of person who struggles with clarity and the direction/vision of your business then guess what? You’re business won’t move forward or if it does move it’s likely to be in a direction you want DON’T want.
- If you have a goal or outcome you want to achieve but are unsure ‘how’ to get there or even start then you’ll likely continue to procrastinate or have self doubt and possibly stagnate.
- If you lack confidence in yourself or your ability to make a decisive decision then this is going make you anxious, stressed and miss potential opportunities that would be idea for you.
Now just so we are clear if you’re business and success isn’t where you want it to be right now…That’s ok, you haven’t failed in anyway. You are already a high achieving individual because you have what it takes to go out on your own. And believe me when I tell you this, I’ve struggled in business. There are times when I’ve procrastinate or lost focus and felt so overwhelmed it’s crippled me.
We are all human at the end of the day.
However, what I am talking about here are those of you who DON’T want to struggle anymore.
Those of you who want to grow, expand and take their business to that next level whether that be financial, status, size, reach etc.
Those of you how want to find clarity and focus in what you’re doing so you can wake up everyday knowing exactly what to do and how to do it.
Those of you who want a structured business and to have it running on autopilot for you. You have systems in place, your organised, you’re clear and you’re disciplined to do what you said you would do.
Those of you who want more client, to increase their reach and to get more interaction.
It’s for those who want to increase the performance and output of their business, and what I do is coach you to do just that.
- I coach, support, motivate and challenge you to work towards a set goal/s or objective/s you want.
- I help you raise your bar, your game and the level at which you operate at.
- I support you in the decisions you make and action steps you focus on doing.
- I’m a sounding board to you. Someone who is non-biased to you and can help you objectively with the problems you face and together discover a solution you are happy with.
- I coach you to improve your overall daily working performance so you are the most productive, focused and disciplined you can be.
- I help you get crystal clear on your business vision and purpose and how this fits with your life and goals.
- I support you to increase you’re own self development which in turn develops your business.
- I’m there to listen to you and support you through the changes and growth you go through.
- I’m there to coach and get the best out of you.
- I coach you to get through you’re mental barriers and limitations whether that be self doubt, loss of confidence, low motivation etc.
So to conclude:
Performance = I coach you towards your goals and to increase you’re overall performance, this results in optimal performance within your key area’s of your life, career or business that you’d like to work on, develop or grow.
Coaching = Coaching is what I do. I don’t tell you want to do, this isn’t coaching. It’s your business, your goals, your life. I support you to reach those outcomes in a personally bespoke, goal specific, action orientated, 1-1 approach.
I hope this helps clear this up and thank you for reading.
PS: For more information about my coaching service, head over to my page: https://davidjohnwilkinson.wordpress.com/coaching/